Our aim is for guests to enjoy the benefit of a day that is structured yet allows for plenty of flexibility for personal practice.
This means that, while there are fixed timings at the start and end of each day for meditation and chanting, there is ample space in-between to practice, relax and unwind.
We have set this up so that guests can (and we would encourage) practice meditation for up to 4 to 6 hours each day and still have plenty of time to enjoy their stay here.
- Wake-up: 4.30am
- Morning chanting and meditation: 5am-6am
- Personal time (such as practice, washing, cleaning): 6am-8am
- Breakfast: 8am
- Personal practice time: 8.30am – 11.30am
- Lunch and break: 11.30am – 1pm
- Personal practice time: 1pm – 6.30pm
- Evening chanting: 6.30pm – 7.30pm
- Personal practice time: 7.30pm – 10.00pm
Even when you go to bed in the evenings, we recommend continuing to practice mindfulness by way of lying meditation, so that you cultivate attention through out your night.
In addition, lying meditation as your body prepares for sleep often leads to better and deeper sleep, fewer nightmares and potentially lucid dreaming…