About Venerable Clyde Jarudhammo – Vipassana Ajahn

Venerable Clyde Jarudhammo was born in April 1955 in Wichita Falls, Texas, USA. He was introduced to Buddhism in 2002 and attended numerous temples in Thailand with his family over the years.

In 2012 he moved to Wat Sriboonruang in Fang, Thailand, for intensive meditation practice. After training as a yogi, he was ordained as a novice Buddhist monk on 4 July 2012 and fully ordained as Venerable Ajahn Clyde Jarudhammo on 16 July 2013.

From 2012 to 2013, Venerable Clyde received training from the abbot of Wat Sriboonruang, Phra Maha Dr. Apisit, and Venerable Nanadhaja Bhikkhu (who was trained at Wat Pharthat Doi Sutep) and administered and taught at the meditation centre during that time.
In November 2013, Venerable Clyde moved to Wat Phrathat Sri Chom Thong to study vipassana meditation intensively for three years.


At Wat Chom Thong, he received direct training from Phra Ajahn Kruba Suksaan, Phra Ajahn Narvi (trained at Wat Rampoeng) and Venerable Ajahn Thong Sirimangalo, a monk of 72 years, a direct disciple of Venerable Mahasi Sayadaw and Venerable U Pandita, and one of the world’s foremost living meditation masters, being one of only six living monks to hold the title of Great Noble Meditation Master conferred by the Myanmar government (Aggamahakammatthanacariya).

Venerable Clyde was one of the only non-Thai monks to complete the 50-day Vipassana instructors’ retreat at Wat Chom Thong, and is the only non-Thai monk in the world to complete the 90-day instructors’ retreat for Vipassana reporting.
Venerable Clyde went on to train in the mechanics of vipassana instruction, covering all aspects of leading a retreat and guiding yogis.


In November 2016 Venerable Clyde left Wat Chom Thong as a Vipassana Ajahn with instruction and authority from Ajahn Thong to teach vipassana meditation, and was invited to return to Wat Sriboonruang to lead retreats at the Buddhist Community Development Center (BCDC).

error: If you like our contents and you would love to use them, please contact us and request permit