Meditators gain many benefits from insight meditation:
- They are called cautious ones.
- They are well-prepared for death.
- They have closed the doors to the four lower worlds.
- They have paid the highest respect to the Buddha.
- They are travelling in the middle way.
- They have well preserved the Buddhist heritage.
- They have propagated Buddhism.
- They rightly follow the Tripitaka, the Buddhist canon.
- Their lives are not wasted.
- They have preserved the right doctrine.
- They have accumulated merit which will follow them in every life.
- They will escape suffering and find real peace.
Life without mind purification is like barren land or a container wasted because it is empty. Living for one day trying to purify the mind is better than living for a hundred years without spiritual practice.